The MOON 650D Digital-to-Analog Converter / CD Transport follows in the footsteps of the highly acclaimed MOON 750D. Applying what is commonly referred to as trickle-down technology, we have created a product that yields almost all of the 750D’s performance, but at a more accessible price-point. True 32-bit fully asynchronous digital audio playback is achieved by the 650Dusing a fully balanced differential dual-mono design featuring our own M-AJiC32 circuitry (an asynchronous jitter elimination system). Built around the ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC operating in 32-bit Hyperstream™, the conversion process uses an astonishing 8 DAC’s per channel. The final result is a product that will breakdown all the barriers, bringing you closer to the music than ever before, regardless of how your digital media is stored, be it on a CD, computer, music server, etc.
The back panel features a complete array of digital input (4) and output (2) connections to meet all the needs of today’s ever-widening technologies. The front panel includes a disc drawer for our own proprietary drive mechanism which represents a fifth input. As well, in the coming months, an optional outboard power supply will be made available to further enhance the already astonishing performance of the MOON 650D.
Of course, all of the signature features you’d expect in a MOON Evolution series digital product are present: our revolutionary M-Quattro floating suspension, SimLink, i²DCf, just to name a few, as well as both RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments. Finally, a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options are available at the time of purchase.
Effective November 2011,
the asynchronous USB input will be capable of 24-bit/192kHz performance.
An upgrade is available for units built before this date.
Significant Design Features:
· True 32-bit asynchronous Digital-to-Analog converter
· ESS Technology SABRE32 Ultra DAC / Digital Filter (ES9016) working in 32-bit Hyperstream™
to achieve unprecedented jitter immunity and low-level linearity via a patented Time Domain
· Digital Audio Signal Processing with M-AJiC32 (MOON Asynchronous Jitter Control in 32-bit mode)
· Four (4) digital inputs (AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TosLink and USB) allowing for a connection to virtually
any digital source
· Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension for
vibration damping, allowing ambient & spatial cues in your recordings to come to life like never
before - The fifth digital input
· A virtually jitter-free - 1 picosecond - digital clocking system
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
· IR input for external control
· Two (2) digital outputs – AES/EBU and S/PDIF
· Fully balanced differential digital and analog circuitry in a dual-mono design
· Separate digital & analog power supplies using 2 independant toroidal transformers
· SimLink controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
· Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering); There is
one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the
audio circuit’s signal path - 18 stages in all
· A very short capacitor-free signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary
12dB/octave analog filter
· 4-Layer PCB’s with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in
greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
· Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
· Includes FRM-2 remote control.